As of July 1, 2014, sending emails to Canadians has become more complicated due to changes in the law.
All businesses sending commercial emails are expected to comply with the law.
A CASL legal expert will help you with the following:
- Find out if your business complies with Canada’s new anti-spam law.
- How to get legal consent from subscribers in your email list.
- What information needs to be included in emails to Canadians.
- Explaining commercial versus non-commercial content.
- Audit your communications strategy.
- Implement a CASL policy for your entire organization.
- Determining which emails require consent.
- Determining whether or nor consent is required from certain recipients on your mailing list.
- How to know if consent is implicit or if express consent is required
Failure to comply with the law could result in a fine of up to $10,000,000. One consultation with a lawyer specializing in CASL compliance could prove to be highly beneficial.
To get started, simply email CIMA with the subject line “CASL Consultation.”
Please do not discuss your specific legal situation in the email. CIMA cannot and will not act as your attorney. Attorney-client privilege will not be established by simply sending the initial email.
The CASL consultation fee is $250.